Monday, February 20, 2017

Famous Last Words: Recovering From Being Sick in College

Kleenex-small-box.jpg 
Sick
Picture by Evan Amos
Source: Wikipedia
 
I would like to start off this post by saying, sanitize, sanitize, and sanitize…EVERYTHING. Everyone has been getting sick. Some have the flu, some have pneumonia, and some just have a really bad cold.

This week I got sick, and am still recovering, but doing MUCH better. Being sick in college is probably one of the hardest obstacles I’ve had to overcome. I fell behind in every class, had to move a test, and was very sick on Valentine’s Day. One thing I learned was that ramen is the best food to eat when you’re sick. Luckily, I was able to go to Tatsumaki Ramen on Valentine’s Day. I debated on not going because it was rainy and cold, and I didn’t want to get worse, but it was one of the best decisions my boyfriend and I made.

I don’t have a guide to keeping up with college while being sick. The best advice I can give to anyone that has the cold or the flu is REST. I think rest is the only reason I’m finally better. Don’t be so hard on yourself, and don’t continue to study or do homework if you’re body is telling you to stay in bed and sleep. Our bodies recover faster when they are at rest because the process of recovery isn’t disturbed. I know it’s very hard to even think about just sleeping with quizzes, tests, and homework that piles on, but do your body a favor and rest. Also, stay hydrated. This is also hard to do when water doesn’t even taste good when you’re sick. Personally, I prefer Canada Dry. It’s my go to when I’m not feeling well. However, the best option is water.

I hope this helps all those that are sick, or get sick in the future. Sanitize, rest, and drink water are my three “must do’s” when sick. On a side note, always carry tissues with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment