Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Forest Life, Part B

Lord Rama with arrows.jpg 
Rama and the Forest
Picture by Unknown
Source: Wikipedia


I thought this story was really interesting, and almost like a new chapter for Rama. I feel like their were a lot of elements in this particular story that I would want to include in my own story like nature, animals, and materialistic things like jewelry like in the original. I think all these elements will create a lesson to be learned in my own story with Rama still being the main character.

One of my friends came to visit one day, and asked me three questions. One question was “What is your favorite color?” The next question was “What is your favorite animal and why?” The last question was “What do you think about nature, and how does it make you feel?” Little did I know, all these questions had different meanings? For example, I said my favorite color was red because it has multiple meanings like passion and anger and love. My favorite animal is a polar bear because they’re big, caring, and warm. My last answer was nature is calming and pretty. The meaning behind the first answer is how you describe yourself to be. The meaning behind the second answer was what you want to see in your significant other. Last but not the least, the meaning behind the last question was how you feel about god.

These questions really got me thinking about nature in particular, and how I want to be more adventurous, and be in touch with what god created. I feel like these three questions can be included somewhere in my story to add a twist of my own. I think it’ll be very fun to see how Rama develops in my own story, and what his favorite color, favorite animal, and his opinion about nature turn out to be. This is the perfect story to add these elements, and make it my own.

Bibliography: Narayan's Ramayana, Reading Guide B

No comments:

Post a Comment