Saturday, April 29, 2017

Famous Last Words: Dead Week

University of Oklahoma seal.svg 
OU
Picture by Unknown
Source: Wikipedia 

Wow, dead week is pretty much already here. Fun fact, I usually always either always get sick or somehow injure myself around dead week/finals week. Freshmen year I fell off my bed, and damaged muscle tissue in my ankle. Our beds were bunked, and I missed the step to the air conditioner to get back down. It was not a fun experience. Sophomore year I got sick, and carried around a box of tissues to all my classes. This year might be different though!

A lot of my friends are graduating this year including my boyfriend, so it’s going to be an emotional graduation, but definitely one to celebrate! I’m excited to see what everyone will be doing after graduation. I know for myself graduating undergrad is just going to be a milestone to what I want to do in life, but a very big milestone. It’s going to be crazy imagining myself graduating next year. I feel like every year is a year to celebrate because its one-year closer to what we all want to be one day. Cheers to almost being a senior!

I always feel a little sad knowing my semester is ending because time flies so fast in college! I feel like every year seems like a mush of memories instead of three different years. I am super thankful for another great semester with great people. I’ve been blessed with so many opportunities this year like volunteering for Oklahoma Mission of Mercy and being able to do research. I also got to try Ifly, and it got me super pumped to go actual skydiving one day. There’s still two more weeks left to this semester, and another two weeks to make some great memories studying for finals, and taking breaks to enjoy being part of the OU community.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I hate that you seem to experience such bad things during dead/Finals week! What a terrible time to experience such things! I've also thought about how quickly college seems to go along. I'll (hopefully) be graduating in December and I'm just shocked. It feels like yesterday I was moving into Walker tower!

    ReplyDelete