Monday, April 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Pattanaik's Calendar Art Part F (Brahma)

Brahma 
Brahma
Picture by Unknown
Source: Wikipedia

Brahma is a god that never gets to be worshiped because he forgot the reason behind creation. This is a completely new concept for me, but definitely an interesting topic! Brahma wanted to understand who he was. In the end, he loses himself while chasing after his own daughter. I think what Brahma’s lesson is that you can lose yourself by chasing after materialistic things—a real problem in the real world today. I want this to be the lesson in my own story, and have Brahma be the main character on a journey. The story will show where this journey leads to.

Brahma’s daughter will also be one of the main characters. She is supposed to represent energy, matter, and life in the original story. I want her to represent materialism in my story. I think this will help in making the lesson in my story show. She will be a very simple, sophisticated, intelligent woman.

I feel like this will be a very dramatic story to write. I also like how Brahma creates the private, the public, and the rest. I think will go hand in hand with the lesson in my story. I want to make it unique with dramatic scenes, and possibly an ironic ending for a twist. I look forward to writing this, and trying to create Brahma’s character into something that we all experience every now and then. I feel this will make my story easy to understand and follow. I’m still debating on if I want dialogue in my story because I want it to just portray Brahma’s internal struggle.

Bibliography: Devdutt Pattanaik's Seven Secrets from Hindu Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment