Thursday, April 6, 2017

Learning Challenge: Biology of Positivity

Happy 
Picture by Jane Schouten
Source: Flickr


I think being positive about any situation is one of the greatest characteristics one can have. However, not all of us can naturally see the good in everything. Some of us need to be reminded to stay positive. Some of us need to train ourselves to think positive, act positive, and be positive. For some being positive is natural, and for others it's a process. 

The Biology of Positivity suggests little things to do to train our brain to think positive. Yes, you can train your brain to do what you want. I feel the suggestions like "look for good things in small amounts" is one of my favorites. I've looked for small things in my day to day life to be proud about. For instance, if I make a healthy meal one day, that is one good thing I did for myself that day. Another example would be having a good workout, which is one good thing to accomplish in one day. Drinking tea can also be one good thing to for yourself in that one day. These are just small, positive things to reflect on. 

Another favorite of mine is "be persistent, knowing that change takes time." I think knowing change isn't going to happen overnight is something we all have to accept not matter what new challenge we face. I for one am a very impatient person, so I have to continuously remind myself change takes time, and to not give up. I do this by writing encouraging notes in my planner for myself. These are just small steps for a more positive life I challenged myself to do, and hope you all take the challenge, as well. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! There is a lot in life that we can't control- but we are always in control of how we react. If we can train our brains to be more mindful of the positives in life, we are more likely to focus on these happy things rather then the negatives in life!

    ReplyDelete