Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options


 
Ganga and the Earth
Source: Wikimedia 
Ganga is being caught as she comes to Earth. 
 
I plan on reading R.K. Narayan’s Ramayan. I prefer this option because a lot of people have this book. I would like to discuss this book with others, and be able to have reasons to recommend it to others. I also think this will be a lot more organized because it’ll be a written as a novel. I will be able to visualize better with no illustrations, and I remember the information better that way.

I am very excited for this course because I have mediated before, and I enjoy yoga very much. I also love Bollywood movies. I grew up watching them. However, I never got to read some of the classic books during my childhood. I also know how to speak Gujrati, and Hindi. However, I do not know how to write in these languages. I love Indian music. I am Indian and Hindu, but I wish I knew more about my religion. I feel like there is a lot of information to learn, and I feel this course will really help in my understanding of all the various aspects of the stories I know, but never fully understood as a child. I also don’t remember all the stories very well. I have visited India. My grandpa has a house there, and I enjoy visiting them. I hope this course will bring me closer to my culture, religion, and be able to be more knowledgeable on the stories told for centuries.

I picked the image above of Ganga being caught by Shiva because I want to know more about this particular story. I know what ganga means—a river. However, I don’t know how Ganaga came about, and what all it is “she” represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment