Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites




Kurma and Karma

I really enjoyed reading this story because I knew a little bit about what karma is, and the background of the sea made me even more interested in reading about this story. The introduction caught my eye with examples, and an explanation of what karma is—consequences for your actions. Navigating through this storybook was very simple, but fun to look at. I liked the way the story is told with simple words everyone can understand, and want to continue reading. The images were my favorite part because they were images from the classic movie, Finding Nemo.

Ganga the River Goddess

The introduction to this particular story immediately caught my eye because Ganga is telling the story, herself. I knew Ganga meant river, but I did not know “she” was a goddess. I immediately felt as if I was there to listen to her speak because Ganga is talking about her life from the start. The image is intricate, and caught my eye. I also liked the layout because it represented the river. Navigating through this story was also easy. Overall, the usage of layout, imagery, and giving enough detail, but not too much detail in the introduction made this story one of my favorites.

The Girls of Spring 

The introduction of this story grabbed my attention because there are a lot of questions that could explain the person or thing behind the trees. I immediately want to know what it could be. I think the layout is simple, and I like the usage of different shades of green because that represents Spring. The story is well organized with dialogue. The usage of word choice made it easy to visualize the setting, as well. I do not know about this topic at all, and the introduction made me want to know more about the mysterious girl in Lanka, and why she is there. 

https://0131900a-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/gangatherivergoddess/introduction/ganga-on-earth.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqZeRugZlu5KIcHdOcYfh9hanL04WZ9r8toW0rs8B6Z0osDfzwe2NnK7IjBYM3cjZUMOLOzLvWg8Xjp-X8XFHhPAQUuzqXGM4PiFWaMKn1KbgW7m18XE4inHP3ouQN7v63nlQ8bIhT7TloHJJ5rqNwWB4B913847HXhvVwTxOJ-d3775FJfsO-komcbKBnz4-sHDHODPRHlG_1SUv7LyTCT6zoan7P4UhV7OJXv1KDAlOpcVezX-Cp96OXPAE6LDs7p4eFg&attredirects=0 
Ganga 

No comments:

Post a Comment